Thursday, February 01, 2007

Ack, I've been Tagged

Apparently, I have been tagged by Wendy from Creative Work at Home Info to write up a contract for myself in regards to what I vow to do and not to do with my writing, this year and beyond. Well, here goes!

I, Denise Shively, hereby proclaim that I will STOP PROCRASTINATING. If procrastination seems avoidable, I will at least entertain myself with something mildly productive, even if said entertainment has nothing to do with what I'm procrastinating about.

I will start querying print publications in my chosen niche instead of sitting around talking about how I plan to in the near future. Additionally, I will begin making plans for an actual business website to be launched sometime this year.

I vow to resolve any inner turmoil I may have about choosing what can be, at times, a very finicky profession. I love what I do, and I will remember to be more appreciative of what I do have rather than what I don't. Above all, I promise to remember that it's okay to take time off now and then, if I can afford to.

This is the part where I'm supposed to tag three additional people to create their own contracts. If you're interested in doing so, have at it -- I'd love to read it!

Best,

Denise

4 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely contract! I included procrastination and queries in mine, too, haha.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Haha, procrastination is the bane of my existence unfortunately.

 
At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think procrastination is probably one of the major characteristics that defines a writer. And I have a theory about procrastination ... While it can and often does get out of hand (and we get nothing done), I think it's the period when ideas gestate and develop. Yes, it appears as we're wasting time and avoiding work (which is often true), I find when I'm procrastinating some part of my brain is always working.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Good one Denise! And woman, you've GOT to take time off here and there, not just "if you can afford it." I know, I know, it's easier said than done sometimes. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home