Friday, January 19, 2007

Tax Tips for Freelance Writers

Oh joy, it's that time of year again - tax time!

I've linked to a helpful article (found below) that can fill in the blanks for you if you're unsure how to go about preparing your taxes as a freelance writer. Organization is KEY during tax time, so if you were less-than-diligent with your records last year, keep a watchful eye on how you record your finances this time around. Trust me, it will save you a lot of headaches later.

Freelance Tax Tips

Oh, and the above link references information pertaining to the United States only. If you're in a different country, be sure to look up information about taxes according to the country you live in.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Kathy@TheFlawlessWord said...

Great advice! And if you haven't yet opened or funded your IRA, you still have until April 15th to do so (and still get the deduction for last year). NOW is the optimum time to do so. See my "Getting Serious for a Moment—A Legal Way for Freelancers to Beat the System" post in my blog's archives for additional info: http://irreverentfreelancer.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_irreverentfreelancer_archive.html

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Thanks for the comment and the link! :)

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like how you started your post. Its my first year filing taxes as a freelancer this is all turning out to be very educational and interesting. I made a link to your post from my blog hope you don't mind?

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Picture of beauty girl 9x said...

1- iPhone Support, iphone tips,
iphone tools


2- Funny Pictures, funny blog, funny clip, funny video, funny ads, picture funny

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger samra said...

I'd like to concentrate on a question that's been running through my mind for a few days that just seems itching to get out of my head and onto a computer screen. What makes you a writer?
curt
Nike Air Zoom Barcelona

 

Post a Comment

<< Home