Friday, January 26, 2007

Style Guides

I found a nifty little resource while browsing the web today and thought I'd share it with all of you, if you hadn't come across it already. The following link takes you to California State University's web site - more specifically, a link to various style guides.

Now, if you ever need to write a piece following the Chicago Manual of Style, for example, you can hop online and browse to the Microsoft Word or PDF version of the style guide and find out exactly how to site your sources. Easy!

I hope you find the following resource useful. Have a great weekend, and I'll see you Monday.

Style and Writing Guides

Denise

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Ashok said...

Bookmarked it, although what I usually do is copy the format from someone else's bibliography. I hate how the rules keep changing.

I just wish people would get into the habit of saying what they consulted and giving thanks. What's getting on my nerves nowadays is that people are going to my site because of specific searches on the things I blog about, and are probably using the information I give out, without any attribution whatsoever.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Unfortunately, we live in a world of change -- the rules will probably continue to change FOREVER!

Sadly there are many people who neglect to give credit where credit is due.

I say, if people are looking for specific information, and they come across it via a blog, newspaper, WHATEVER -- then they definitely need to credit whoever they got that information from. It's not that hard. People just don't do it.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to for the Chicago Style. It certainly beats picking up the book and thumbing through it for guidance.

Much appreciated!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Denise said...

I'm glad you found the resource useful :)

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Denise,
Great resource - thanks!

Second, I've tagged you to tell five things about yourself that we probably don't know. You can read my five things and see who else I tagged on my blog. After you share five things about yourself, you get to tag five more bloggers to do the same ... and so on and so on and so on.

Looking forward to learning some of your secrets,
Lillie

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Lillie,

Thanks for the comment! Actually, I have already been tagged not too long ago -- if you'd like to read it, you can do so here.

http://denisejacleen.blogspot.com/2006/11/ive-been-tagged.html

I don't know how exciting those five things are, but have at it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home