Friday, July 07, 2006

Marketing your Services Effectively

For freelance writers, a large majority of our day consists of marketing ourselves and our services to potential clients. When I'm not writing, I'm looking for new job opportunities and ways to promote my talents. While marketing can seem like a complicated, oftentimes difficult task, there are ways we can make this process decidedly easier on ourselves.

I don't know about you, but I send a LOT of e-mails throughout the course of a day. As a matter of fact, most of the freelancers I speak with do the same. Because e-mail is one of my primary methods of keeping in contact with clients, I've taken the liberty to create a signature to go along with every e-mail I send. The signature briefly notes that I'm a freelance writer and contains a link to my blog, writing samples and other pertinent contact information. Believe it or not, I've recieved several inquiries about my services, all because of the signature in my e-mails!

I cannot think of an easier way of marketing yourself as a freelance writer. Believe me, it's worth the two minutes it takes to set up a signature to send along with your outgoing e-mails. If you're like me and correspond with people via the internet on a regular basis, there's no quicker way to market yourself. Granted, you must continue to do what you need to get your name out there, but setting up an e-mail signature is fast, and it works. You don't even have to think about it!

Feel free to leave your thoughts on effective marketing tools in the comment box. I always appreciate new ideas and tips I may not have been aware of before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home