Thursday, August 10, 2006

Work and Life Balance

As a freelancer, do you find it easier to balance your working life with family life or more difficult to incorporate everything you need to do during the day? While there are definitely perks to the freelance business, I am curious to hear your opinions on the matter.

You'd think that working from home all day would allow me to get more things done around the house, but I seem to find the exact opposite occurring- much to the chagrin of my family, of course. What about you? How do you implement time to be with your family and other committments working from home?

Leave a comment below or drop me a line; your thoughts are always welcome.

Regards,

Denise

4 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger - said...

I've found that since becoming a freelancer work has become my default state of being. Far from getting more done around the house I feel guilty for every waking moment I'm not working. So, I often end up working 10, 11, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.

At least I enjoy the work :)

Keith Taylor

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Denise said...

It would definitely be a pain if you didn't enjoy what you do and still continue to work 10 hour days.

Eeek!

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Ergh. I used to have this grand vision of working from home, and I always saw my house being so tidy and organized. Not! It's worse than ever. I've been struggling to bring more balance but I haven't been doing so well with it. Now that we're getting ready to move, the chaos has multiplied, but that's normal. However, once we move, I have a plan keeping work and home separate. One biggie is that I will have a separate office, rather than having it crammed into a corner of my bedroom. That alone will help. But I also need to be strict with myself about not working too much, which may take time to fully accomplish, but I'm determined!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Tell me about it, Wendy! I'd love to be able to carve out a separate room for my office space, but I don't foresee that happening anytime soon unfortunately. I wish you luck on your move and plan! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home