Sunday, August 06, 2006

This IS my real job!

I got the inspiration for this post from Deb Ng's blog. I can't tell you how much animosity I've run into when some people find out I work from home as a freelance writer.

"What,?!" They'll excitedly yell. "But how do you pay the bills?"

I do get paid for my work, folks. This is a REAL job. No, I don't have to make a frustrating commute back and forth to a 9-5 job five days a week; no, I don't get medical benefits; NO, I don't get company perks like a cell phone or a car. But I make a decent living writing from home, and I love what I do. How can that not be a good thing?

It really rankles me when people don't believe freelance writing is an actual job. Some people do a little writing on the side as a hobby, sure -- but I put in long hours and a lot of time and effort to get paid.

Sounds like a real job to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home