Monday, August 28, 2006

Take Time Off!

I am burned out. Between working full time and taking care of my mother, I haven't had a moment to myself in many months. Thankfully, my mother is starting to be able to take care of herself again and my life may just return back to normal -- or a semblance of "normal," anyway!

What's the point of my personal diatribe? Taking time for yourself, especially as a freelancer, is essential to maintaining a clear head and allowing your work to thrive rather than have the quality suffer because you are too exhausted to worry about proper sentence structure or spelling mistakes.

Everybody needs a little time to breathe now and then, and allowing time for mini-vacations or what have you is absolutely necessary for your mental health and the quality of your work. Don't work yourself to the bone! Relax for a moment, take a few deep breaths and leave time to stop and smell the roses. Truthfully, you don't know what you're missing until you break away from your desk and leave the world of work behind you -- if but for a few moments.

Best Wishes,

Denise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home