Monday, September 25, 2006

How Do You Handle Rejection?

The world of freelance writing often comes with rejection, so I feel today's question is quite appropriate. How do YOU handle that dreaded rejection letter? Even if you're not a writer, but your career involves contract or freelance work, I'd like to know how you handle being turned down.

For people new to the field, rejection can be quite a blow. While it may lower your self esteem and make you feel worthless, cheer up! Rejection is not the end of the world -- as a matter of fact, rejection can be shown in a positive light and actually make you work harder to please your client next time.

Please leave your comments below, and tell me how you usually end up handling rejection. I'm very curious to hear your thoughts on the matter!

Warm Regards,

Denise

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Enter for a chance to earn 1 BTC said...

If the one that I love ejected me, I wouldn't even ask why, all I am going to say is : I love you, and I will forever do so, when you know that you did the wrong thing .. and that no one in this world can love you more then me, your beloved geek will be waiting for you lol Grrr...I am a bad writer V_V....

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger latoya said...

I realize that, being new to the writing world, there are people with years more experience than me vying for the same writing jobs. I see rejection, not as a blow to my self-esteem, but as a sign that I need to improve my writing and build my resume.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home