Friday, June 09, 2006

Words of Wisdom

I find strength in the support and condolences of both friends and strangers. Thank you for creating a "safe haven" for me to express my thoughts freely without judgement. Words cannot express how deep my appreciation runs.

Today, my mother came home from the hospital. It's hard not to be a mother hen when it comes to her care. She can be stubborn, but at the same time I know it's not easy for her to be looked after by her daughter. After all, that's a complete role reversal there. She raised my twin sister and I for many years, looked after us and nurtured us during our downtime. Now she must sit patiently and allow me to do what she has done for so many years of her life, and I realize the difficulty in that. Hopefully, my family and I will come through this stronger than ever before.

In other news, I've picked up a couple new assignments here and there. They're all relatively straight-forward, so I don't foresee any problems getting them completed while simultaneously taking care of my mother. We'll see what happens, though -- life has a funny way of throwing you a curve ball when you think all the players have already left the field!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home