Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Writing Question of the Week

It's been awhile, but happy Tuesday everyone!

This week's writing question: Do you keep a journal? Perhaps you still have one of those old-school diaries with a lock on it that you've had since you were a kid (I do!) Maybe you have a personal journal online that you use to vent, or simply keep a spiral notebook to jot down your impressions of the day.

As writers, I think keeping a journal is an important tool. I have several journals I try to write in regularly. Not only does it give me a break from client work, but I'm allowed to write whatever I want without fear of judgment - because it's private!

Please leave your feedback below. I look forward to seeing how many other writers keep a journal!

Denise

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep a journal and a pen next to me in bed, so I can jot down thoughts before bed, or first thing in the morning.

I also vent sometimes on my blog, but I do try and keep as tactful as possible on there!

I've got many notebooks though, all over my study, that I write in randomly every now and again. I'm very haphazard at the moment, but now that I'm ramping up my writing, I'll probably work on some semblance of order sooner or later.

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started keeping a journal regularly when I was around ten years old and have piles upon piles of notebooks as a result. Strangely, however, I stopped writing in a journal about ten years ago. It wasn't a conscious decision - I just stopped and never picked up the practice again. I have no idea why.....

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Denise said...

I have several notebooks as well that I keep around my work area.

One of these days... I'll get organized about that!

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't keep journals. I do have notes and ideas that I put in a DB though.

I think a lot of writers could benefit from journaling or just jotting down random ideas throughout the day.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger hallsarah204@gmail.com said...

It's good to keep your journal for notes - this way you are allowed to write whatever you want without fear of judgment because it's private! The best custom writing service is an excellent way to academically succeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home