Thursday, August 03, 2006

What Motivates you to Write?

Here's another question to you, my fellow writers: What motivates you to write? I know there are some days I can't bring myself to write at all, and those are the days I dread because they mean I'll be working until the wee hours of the morning, trying to meet a deadline. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does I wonder why I procrastinate to the point where I'm working like a dog just to get anything done!

So, what do you do in times like these? What are your secret tips to get by, even when writing is the last thing you feel like doing in a given day? I'm very curious to hear your thoughts on the matter. Lucrative projects are definitely a motivator, but alone I don't think money is enough.

Leave a comment below and get a discussion going. I'm definitely interested in hearing what you have to say!

Best wishes,

Denise

4 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Enter for a chance to earn 1 BTC said...

Well, I write about anything in my mind and I feel that people must know it ...
writing is a good habbit if it's not wasting more important times ...

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Well, writing IS my "important time." It's what I do for a living and without it I'd be forced to work minimum wage for a company I hate just to get by.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Enter for a chance to earn 1 BTC said...

that's true ... but I wonder what all this life about ... I mean I tried my best to enjoy it but I can't ...
can you tell me when your parents gave you your freedom to do what you want and travel where you want ...how old was you .."question mark because I can't find it in this frensh keyboard"

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Denise said...

My mom let me do what I felt like doing when I was 16. But once I turned 18, both my parents couldn't do anything anymore. I was legally an "adult" in the eyes of the state, so what could they do? I don't abuse the privilege, though.

Life is a gift, you need to enjoy it. You never know when it will be taken from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home