Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Power of Words

As writers, words are our lifeblood - our reason for being, essentially. Words are what allow us to inform, entice, excite, entertain or otherwise elicit emotion from our readers.

We are so wrapped up in words, in fact, that perhaps at times we forget to notice when words have become no longer our friend, but our enemy.

Words are powerful.

I am a firm believer that words are more powerful than any physical action one could possibly take against me. Truthfully, I'd rather be physically punched in the gut than be the recipient of a vicious verbal attack. Why?

Because words can hurt. Emotionally. Deep down to the very core of your being. I don't like that.

Starting today, I am going to make a conscience effort to watch how I use my words around other people. Words are my life, but I'm choosing not to use something so powerful to hurt another person knowingly and/or voluntarily.

Perhaps, as writers, we should all strive to do the same?

Best,

Denise

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Georganna Hancock M.S. said...

Hi Denese,

Sorry to communicate with you this way, but I can't find an email address. You can delete this comment.

Due to a conflict with an older website, I've had to rename my blog "A Writer's Edge" (if the apostrophe causes difficulty--a slash to appear--on your system, just omit it). Sorry to have to ask you for the change. Same URL.

Thanks, Georganna Hancock

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Georganna,

Thank you for letting me know. I've made the change. Hmm... my e-mail address is all over the place, but here it is in case you ever need to contact me again.

dshively@cox.net

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Reseller Hosting Pakistan said...

We have work as freelancers and liked to read something related to it.

Web Hosting Pakistan | Reseller Hosting Pakistan | Cheap Master Reseller

 
At 5:26 AM, Anonymous outsource web designing company said...

i am very satisfied with pak bank web serviced - thanks a lot

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger priya rajesh said...

Learned a lot from your post and it is really good. Share more tech updates regularly.
DevOps Training in Chennai
Data Science Course in Chennai
AWS Training in Chennai
Blue Prism Training in Chennai
R Programming Training in Chennai
RPA Training in Chennai
ccna course in Chennai

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Manipriyan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home